All of these videos and more are available on our YouTube channel.
- Pestsmart Rabbit Control Video Series - How to lay RHDV baits on your site The below video gives you information regarding the best practice techniques in how to achieve the best uptake of RHDV laced baits […]
- Video: Dogabait and Foxecute – Additional tools for pest predator management in Australia. - This video provides a short introduction to Dogabait and Foxecute (PAPP baits), presented by Chris Roach from Animal Control Technologies Australia.
- Video: Canid Pest Ejector (CPE) for fox and wild dog control - Rob Hunt is a Senior Pest Officer with the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. In this training video, Rob describes and demonstrates the Canid Pest Ejector for wild dog […]
- Video: Wild Dog Scan app tutorial - WildDogScan is a free digital resource for landholders, the community and pest controllers to map sightings of wild dogs, their impacts, and control activities in their local area.
- Wild dog trapping in the woodlands of pastoral Queensland - Video series demonstrating methods and equipment used in wild dog trapping in and around the Toowoomba region, Queensland.
- Wild dog trapping in the northern tablelands of NSW - Video series demonstrating methods and equipment used in wild dog trapping in and around the Tenterfield region, Northern Tablelands NSW
- Baiting with a baitlayer for rabbit control - Video discussing and demonstrating a baiting program for rabbit control
- Fumigation with phostoxin for rabbit control - Video demonstrating the process of fumigation with phostoxin for rabbit control. Aspects such as equipment needed and process are covered.
- Importance of rabbit biological control to livestock producers - Cameron Allan from Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) talks about how important the investment in rabbit biological controls has been for the livestock industry.
- Warren ripping for rabbit control - Video demonstrating warren ripping using a single tyne ripper for rabbit control.
- Rabbit management and challenges – a farmer’s perspective - Sheep producer Susan Campbell talks about the rural and peri-urban challenges associated with the impact of rabbits in Australia
- Choosing feral pig baiting sites - Video on things to consider and what to look for when choosing a site to set up a bait station for feral pigs
- MouseAlert for monitoring mouse activity - YouTube video: MouseAlert for monitoring mouse activity
- Feral cats in Australia: Part 1 – History and Population - YouTube video: Chris Dickman is a Professor in Terrestrial Ecology at the School of Biological Sciences, Sydney University. He has studied interactions between native and introduced species in the arid […]
- Feral cats in Australia - YouTube video playlist: Feral cats live, hunt and reproduce in the wild. They have the body shape, acute senses and fine coordination perfectly suited for stalking and capturing prey. These […]
- Wild dog trapping in the Rangelands - Video series demonstrating some of the methods and equipment used in wild dog trapping in the arid and semi-arid rangelands of pastoral Western Australia.
- Genetic resistance, immunity and transmission of rabbit biocontrol - Video about genetic resistance, immunity and transmission associated with rabbit biological control in Australia
- PIGOUT® baits for feral pig control - YouTube video: Steve Lapidge, former Program Leader with the Invasive Animals CRC, discusses and demonstrates the use of the PIGOUT® 1080 bait for feral pig control. Aspects such as bait […]
- Use of the HogHopper® for baiting of feral pigs - YouTube video: Jason Wishart is a Project Officer with the Invasive Animals CRC. In this video, Jason discusses and demonstrates the use of the HogHopper® bait delivery device for feral […]
- New tools for feral pig control: HOG-GONE® and sodium nitrite - YouTube video: Steve Lapidge is a former Program Leader with the Invasive Animals CRC. In this video, Steve discusses the development of the HOG-GONE® bait and sodium nitirite concentrate as […]
- Trapping for feral pig control - YouTube video: Jason Neville is a Pest Management Officer with the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. In this video, Jason and Paul Meek (project officer with the Invasive Animals […]
- Trapping Introduced Predators for the Protection of Biodiversity and Livestock: an instructional DVD - Development of this instructional DVD for trapping introduced predators (wild dog, red fox and feral cat)
- Historical and current impacts of rabbits – a farmers perspective - David Lord discusses the historical and current impacts of rabbits on farms, how important it is to act and how rabbit biological controls have played an important role.
- Community led integrated rabbit management - Michael Reid, National Rabbit Facilitator, talks about the importance of community-led integrated rabbit management to protect productive landscapes.
- Feral pigs in Australia - YouTube video playlist: Pigs arrived in Australia with the First Fleet and today feral populations inhabit around 40% of Australia. Feral pigs cause agricultural damage through predation of newborn lambs, […]
- Carp plague Darling river catchment - YouTube video:
- Rabbit haemorrhagic disease (RHD) boost project - Video about the potential in Australia of a new strain of RHD (rabbit haemorrhagic disease) virus, otherwise known as calicivirus, to manage rabbit populations.
- Feral pigs: New approaches to managing pest animals - The video ‘Feral pigs’ runs for 12 minutes and covers the correct methods of controlling this vertebrate pest. The video offers advice for consideration before selecting your method of control.
- Modifying old wild-dog traps - This video provides a cheap and easy way to make your old wild-dog traps legal. It shows simple, easy modifications that can be made to the jaws and plates of […]
All videos are able to be used for educational use without requesting direct permission from the copyright holder. Permission to use videos for commercial or non-educational purposes may be requested directly from the copyright holder in some instances.
Educational use may include:
- presentations that won’t be distributed over the Internet or used to make money
- school projects
- Instructional material not widely distributed or sold commercially
If you want the material for a web site or for some other venture, profit or non-profit, that involves wide distribution or requires high resolution files of the image, then you will need to obtain permission by contacting us, noting the specific media files in which you are interested. We’ll do our best to put you in touch with the appropriate person. Some videos are not available for any purposes other than educational use.Last updated: June 12, 2018