An Implementation Steering Committee (ISC) guides implementation of the nationally-agreed framework focusing on a strategic and risk-based approach to wild dog management. The emphasis being on humane, safe and effective management techniques and the mitigation of the impacts of wild dogs at appropriate scales.
ISC membership includes an independent Chair; representatives from the small and large production animal sectors; delegates from the Department of Agriculture and Invasive Pests and Animals Committee; and a research and development representative.
The ISC is supported by a Stakeholder Consultative Group (SCG) to provide stakeholders with a voice in the implementation of the Plan and the opportunity to participate in activities. The SCG allows the various primary and secondary stakeholders to be engaged in setting directions and priorities in the implementation of the Plan.
An Action Plan Implementation Manager (APIM) has been appointed with responsibility for leading the implementation of the majority of the Plan’s actions.
Governance Structure: National Wild Dog Action Plan Implementation
IMPLEMENTATION STEERING COMMITTEE:
- Chair: Duncan Fraser, Independent
- Industry Peak Representative (Small Animal): Jim McKenzie (Wool, Sheepmeat, Goats)
- Industry Peak Representative (Large Animal): Michael McCormack (Cattle)
- Invasive Pests and Animals Committee: John Robertson (All State and Territory Governments)
- Federal Government Representative: Matthew Koval (Department of Agriculture)
- RD&E Representative: Andreas Glanznig (Australian Wool Innovation, Meat & Livestock Australia, Invasive Animals Cooperative Research Centre)
STAKEHOLDER CONSULTATIVE GROUP:
- Chair: Geoff Power (South Australia State Farmer Representative)
- Deputy Chair: Peter Star (Victorian State Farmer Representative)
The National Wild Dog Action Plan is an industry initiative endorsed by Government.
Wild dog information published by the Invasive Animals CRC is at www.pestsmart.org.au/pest-animal-species/wild-dog/
Key information contacts:
National Wild Dog Facilitator:
Greg Mifsud Mb: E: email@example.com
CONTROL: Model Code of Practice and Standard Operating Procedures