Territory and Municipals Services looks after the ACT’s parks and reserves and is responsible for managing biosecurity, urban wildlife and animal licensing.
The Environment and Planning Directorate is responsible for delivery of ACT conservation strategies including the ACT Pest Animal Management Strategy which covers:
- preventing new pest animals from entering the ACT
- implementing effective measures to reduce pest animal damage
- managing native animals for damage reduction and conservation
- building public awareness and understanding of pest animal issues
- improving land managers’ capacity to undertake control programs.
Lead agencies – ACT
Territory and Municipal Services
Environment and Planning Directorate
Groups and organisations in the ACT
Some regions are yet to be populated with local group details. We aim to provide contact details of agencies, organisations and groups that are active in pest animal management and can provide people with services, useful advice or assistance – both at policy and practical on-ground levels. If you would like your group or agency listed, please [ CLICK HERE ] to fill out the form and submit your details.
- Australian Feral Animal Control and Management Services Pty. Ltd. - Australian Feral Animal Control and Managements Services Pty. Ltd. has created a Co-Operative scheme to help farmers with the cost of Feral Animal management. We have a data system that […]
- Canberra Cat Fix - Offers subsidised cat desexing to low income families in Canberra
- Canberra Indian Myna Action Group Inc (CIMAG) - The Canberra Indian Myna Action Group Inc (CIMAG) is a community group formed in April 2006 to protect native birds and mammals from the threat posed by the Indian Myna […]
Last updated: December 24, 2015