Pest species Hot topicsSocial media
Social media Connect
Hot topics News
- Monitoring mice in Australia – May 2016 - Update #9 Summary GRDC have funded additional monitoring across the Australian grain belt until June 2017. Mouse numbers are generally low in all locations, except moderate/high activity in Yorke Peninsula (SA) and reports of activity in Queensland (see below) (Figure 1) – Mice are still breeding and abundance will peak around sowing. Growers need to monitor mouse activity before sowing […]
- Monitoring mice in Australia – November 2015 - An update on mouse populations across the grain-belt of Australia for November 2015
- Feral Photos winners focus on impact - A suite of astonishing images highlighting the interactions between invasive animals and other species have featured in the Invasive Animals Cooperative Research Centre’s (IA CRC) national Feral Photos competition
- Priorities for effective feral cat management released - Outcomes and recommendations from the 2015 National Feral Cat Workshop released to determine how to effectively protect our native fauna through feral cat management
- Boosting rabbit biocontrol: RHDV K5 national release - Resources and information about the national RHD Boost project and proposed release of RHDV K5
- Reclaiming our rivers from the stronghold of feral fish - Just as biocontrol agents have been successfully used to control rabbits in Australia, we’re confident that a virus that has been killing carp overseas could do a similar job in our waterways.
- National Wild Dog Action Plan - The National Wild Dog Action Plan is an industry initiative endorsed by Government.
- IA CRC product status update - August 2015 update on status of IA CRC products in development